Friday, April 24, 2009

Quick 40 and Fabulous Update

I've been remiss in keeping the blogverse up to date on my weight loss/exercise exploits. Today I weighed in and I've lost a total of 35 lbs since January. Yes, I know that's awesome, and thank you. But I've been alittle frustrated the last couple of weeks and I'm about to start the bitching, moaning, and whining that is super self indulgent, so brace yourselves.

I lost a half or one pound for the last 3 weeks, and I've been working so hard. Counting calories religiously, being super careful and planning ahead. There have been a handful of meals (MEALS, not days) that were excessive, but everything else right in line. Exercising and pushing like mad. In four weeks I increased my weekly treamill distance total from 24 miles to 35 miles. So I feel like my efforts are not showing in the results. I realize that a pound is a respectible loss, typically. But folks, I still have 30+ pounds left to shed to be at a healthy weight, so more should be melting away. Stomp, stomp, pout, pout, stomp, stomp.

Whew, now that I have that out of my system I can move on. Hubbie reminded me that since I have increased my exercising that I have probably added some muscle mass and reduced some fat. I'm clinging to that thought. And frankly, I do feel so much better with the exercise and reduction of weight. And it's so fun to go shopping in my closet and find some cute clothes that I can now wear that look cute on me. And I have to say I do feel so victorious everytime I wear any of the three pairs of pants I bought back in December to wear to work that were too tight, that are now getting to be too big. Sigh, that all makes me feel good.

Sometimes I gotta remind myself to focus on the positive. It's to easy for me to get pissed off at the negative. It's the good stuff that keeps you going longer.

Y'all take care and I'll give you a peek this weekend on a couple of things I've been randomly working on!

1 comment:

jacquie said...

don't lose hope and you're hubby is probably right. when i first started exercising i didn't lose for a long time after that first big loss...but my bmi dropped and continued to drop significantly. remember it's not all about weight...do you get your bmi done? it's a great indicator in addition to the pounds.