Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm so fickle



My munchkin's masterpiece! Technically it's her second quilt. She made it for her cat Sunny. The kitty cut outs she purchased with her own money at my guild's last quilt show. She selected the others on her own at JoAnns and used the gift card her grandmother gave her. And she designed the layout. I provided assistance in some of the cutting and measuring. I'm so proud of her! She's already working on another quilt for her cousin....dinosaurs!

Now on to my latest and greatest self observations......

I recently was talking to a friend of mine who is also a quilter. She and I were discussing our current projects and the projects we were looking forward to starting. I realized when I was discussing what I was working on how fickle my muses can be.

For the last couple of months, I have been forcing myself to work on finishing some other projects with the reward of working with some Jane Sassaman strips that I have been admiring and petting since I purchased them late last year. Well I started working on that quilt recently and have been burning through it. Then suddenly out of no where I became obsessed with the teddy bear/kitty pattern. And also due to a recent speaker at my guild and the large number of pink scraps, I cranked out a charity baby quilt with those. And then I designed an art quilt using a curved pieced technique that has been haunting me, started that. And finally, I found a pattern I purchased last August in Nashville for a back pack....started that. And now, I just can't seem to get myself back to the Jane Sassaman. And I find myself working on several things at once. Sew at seam on this, and sew a seam on that. Maybe it's just sewing ADD.

I just tried to upload some photos.....didn't work....I promise to add later....

1 comment:

Kathy Bridges said...

Look at thoses cats! I want those cats!!
Just lovely!!!!!
Will your nine year old be bringing her own credit card to Nashville this year? Oh we could get into so much trouble!
Grammy Kathy