Monday, April 28, 2008

Dear Sassy Jane underway and Giant Pears

Oh how I wish I had a quilt that I could name Giant Pears, Little Peach. Last weekend we went down to the High Museum to see the Georgia OKeefe exhibit. Of course an outside exhibit became more interesting to Rosy. This was a really cool exhibit. Georgia OKeefe was nice, but I guess I always thought her works were huge. You know wall sized. Nope. In real life they range from 9x11 to 36x48, maybe. It was interesting. Oh course, Hubbie had little patience for the art. But you have to give him props, he went and actually enjoyed himself.


I'm not sure if it was the OKeefe or just feeling crafty, but Friday I decided that the girls and I needed to attempt some tissue paper art. I did some for a bathroom years ago, and have been wanting to try some new ones. Here's what we have so far. Rose gave up after 6 or 7 pieces.

My attempt. Naturally I'm working with reds, turquoise, and greens. Those seem to be my colors of choice lately.
Lily is working in smaller shapes and the warm colors, red, orange, and yellow.

And finally, Dear Sassy Jane has been layered, basted, and partially quilted. I told you once the name was apparent everything else fell into place. I even found some silly Hawaiian cat fabric that I purchased on a whim to add to the back. I'm 2/3 done with the body. I'm quilting it with an all over stipple pattern with a vareigated thread. The borders will be done in black, I think. Here's the cat fabric.

No comments: