Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This is.....late!

Ok, I'll admit, I'm late posting my meme response. But, better late than never, right? My biggest problem was coming up with only one thing I wanted to do everyday. Should I be profound? Should I be obvious? Well, I decided to go with the obvious and one of the most productive answers. This is one thing that I wish I could do everyday.....sew, play, an d pet fabric. I know in theory I could sew everyday, but often times reality gets in the way.
My sewing "studio"! This is a definite upgrade from our last house(the dining room) and a selling point for this house. Normally there is one project at a time on the table, but I threw out some of the ones coming up for pictorial sake.This is a quilt that I haven't decided on a pattern yet. But I love how the turquoise hand dyes look with the two prints.....decisions, decisions.
This the Amy Butler/Gin Blossoms log cabin quilt that is my reward for finishing my mom's charm quilt. The octagons are going to be the centers....sigh!

Fabric for some travel size pillowcases for a silent auction. I bought extra of the cupcake fabric for little girl pj bottoms.
Finally, the GD Karma Chameleon quilt is done. Label, sleeve, and binding. I'm not really sure why this has bothered me so much. Maybe it was a bias vs Melissa issue?
And as promised a picture of the Munchkins sitting at their PawPaw/Pop's rolltop desk playing computer games.

3 comments:

jacquie said...

i wish i could do it everyday too. love these fabric sets!

Anonymous said...

You look like quite the crafty mom! My mom always wanted her own room for sewing. She'll probably get it once I graduate college and get my own house. ;)

Shannon said...

The desk is beautiful! Your girls look so cute sitting there....

My "studio" is smack dab in the middle of my living room and I'm horrible about taking up the dining table. I could quilt downstairs in the unfinished basement with the spiders, but I would hate that!

Good luck with your projects!