Monday, September 14, 2009

Quilting is stitching together an idea

“Drawing is putting a line (a)round an idea.” - Henri Matisse

I felt like using a quote from one of my favorite artists to inspire my post title.

This weekend I did get some sewing time in. Not as much as I had planned, oh well.
Here's my Turquoise Square in a Square "on the table" getting basted. Only half more to go and then I can start quilting. Maybe tonight....? The name of this quilt is still eluding me...stay tuned on that.

Also, this weekend Hubbie made a frame for me to stretch some fabric over to make a wallhanging.
It goes perfectly in my bedroom. I like being able to hang this like art. And bonus, I don't feel obligated to cut into it!
Have a good Monday!

1 comment:

jacquie said...

beautiful...i love all that turquoise! fabric is art for sure. i need to find a place to do something like this!