Friday, May 9, 2008

Busy Busy Week

This week has been so busy it has flown by. I wish I could say it's flown by because I've been only fun stuff but, nope. The end of the school year always seems like it's overpacked with things to do....field day, end of year parties, play performances, play dates, and in my house birthday parties. On top of that we've had work, random illnesses, and school. Amazingly, I've continued on my quilting binge. I can't seem to get enough of the sewing...

First, I finished Dear Sassy Jane last weekend and she made her debut at Quilt Guild. My sister has already previewed her newest addition to her quilt collection and loves it! I have to say this one turned out much prettier than I initially thought it would. I'm having a difficult time letting it go.



So then I realized that I would be giving this quilt to my sister on Mother's Day and that I probably shouldn't go empty handed for my mother. So I whipped this one up. Purple is her favorite color but she often doesn't use it in decorating her house. Plus I just got my yoyo maker so this gave me an opportunity to experiment. I was able to build it entirely out of my stash with scraps and 5" squares from a fabric exchange.



And then I finished my quilted backpack. I'm in the process of beading with seed beads on the flap. Hubbie said it was too much...my response...never enough "bling!"



And then here's the oldest munchkin's project in progress....
So maybe this weekend I'll snag some more time to work on some more things....and do some sewing with my favorite little sewing buddy....and her sister who is constantly "designing" the next quilt she'll be ordering from Mommy's Quilt Factory!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: