Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"...and those wonderful people out there in the dark!... "

How I love being one of those "wonderful people out there in the dark." I was reminded today after talking to Kate about how much I love movies. There are so many that I love it's hard for me to list them all. Early in my life, my Mother showed me the old movies. Movie from the Golden Age of Hollywood. Movies that were in black and white and have iconic stars. Those are some that I have fallen in love with and that I can watch over and over.....

There are the classics:
Basically, this is my "go to" list. When I'm sick in bed, or Sunday afternoon tv has failed me, or I'm hand quilting on a Monday midmorning and I refuse to watch daytime tv, or I'm at Kate's on a sewing Sunday, or I'm wrapping Santa gifts at 11:30 Christmas eve...these are some of the movies I rely on. During this time of snuggling in warm quilts infront of a fire and long dark early nights, think about checking out these films. They haven't ever failed me.

There are other movies that I consider classics...movies from my generation and the generation before me. That's for another post....

What are your favorite movies....I'm interested to hear?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

okay! This is a very cool entry and, considering the mood I've been in lately, I need to make my list. In the spirit of you, I'm going to name it "My Go To Movie Lits". Thank you for inspiring me once again!

Gretchen said...

A great list of movies! Some of my favorites too. I would add the Thin Man series, It Happened One Night, any Humphrey Bogart movie, and all Katherine Hepburn movies.

Doris said...

First of all, I've seen all those movies except "The Magnificent Ambersons" and I would sit down and watch any of them over again. Great list!

GWTW (The GRIT Bible) is one of my all time faves...
Any Cary Grant movie. Seriously. ANY.
Any Audrey Hepburn movie, especially Roman Holiday.
Amelie, The Lion in the Snow, and Life is Beautiful are my favorite foreign films, but you can't sew while you're reading subtitles...
Shawshank Redemption. Gets me everytime.
I LOVE movies...I could seriously go on and on...

But, I digress...

jacquie said...

these are some of my favorites too...i love miracle on 34th street too (all the versions).