Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall has FINALLY arrived in the ATL

As many of the peeps around me have heard over and over recently,"When will the leaves change? When will it be fall?" You would think after nearly 40 years of growing up and living in the South I would know how this works. But this year I've been reading blog after blog of people living in places where they have actual autumns. I've been looking at all the beautiful photographs of leaves, apples, and children in jackets. Now finally, I have it.

Of course Nugget had to get in the act. "Mom what are you doing outside on the deck?" "Can you take my picture with the tree?"
And since my last post we celebrated Halloween. The Munchkins started in August with ideas of being a fruit bat (yes fruit bat specific) and a lemur. A trip down the costume aisle at Target saved Mommy alot of time....
Nugget naturally fell in love with the kimono (she's China obsessed and I didn't have the heart to tell her that kimonos are from Japan). And a huge surprise to me, the oldest Munchkin picked this pirate costume. I think it was the "boots" that came with coins sewed to them that jingled when she walked. They both complained about having to wear long sleeve shirts under their costumes until the sun went down.
Lately, I've been thinking alot about how lucky I am to have my Munchkins. I've been revisiting the events of my summer and how quickly it can all change. So the girls and I have been sharing lots and lots of snuggles and hugs. October 17th would have been my Dad's 68th birthday.

And finally, I haven't shared a picture of my favorite feline model lately. Here she is enjoying some sun and a pillow Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Doris said...

Love those costumes, I seriously thought you might have made them until I read your post! Your cat looks exactly like my Maggy...bizarre.

I was thinking about you and your family the other day, birthdays and holidays are always tough milestones. I hope your mother is doing okay and I will keep you all in my prayers.

Shannon said...

Cute, Cute!

I thought Alex wanted to be a fireman. So, I looked all over for a costume and then because of my situation ended up with a red sweatshirt. I couldn't figure out why he acted so confused when I told him to get out his fireman hat. He finally told me he wanted to be a fire-GUY. ????! I ended up sewing a fire fabric emblem on the front of the sweatshirt, cutting up the sleeves and bottom jaggedy, and sewing a cape of flame fabric on his shoulders.

It's been warm in Denver. 70s. The kids didn't even wear coats to trick-or-treat.