Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quilters in Stitches - What a grand time!

Well I did it. Last night was my first paid speaking engagement to a guild. Colleen (you remember my going-out-of-business-online-fabric-store friend) and I trekked across three counties to join the lovely quilters of the Quilters in Stitches Quilt Guild. My program title, Oh My Blog!

After numerous conversations with many members of my own guild, Chattahoochee Evening Stars, about blogging and all the fantastic resources for crafters and quilters online, my friend Sheila invited me to come speak to her guild. After spending more than a year online, I love sharing all the "finds" I've found and getting other quilters excited about joining the blogsphere. These ladies were very nice and friendly, and very interested in my adventures online. So "Thank you" QIS, y'all were a great audience and I hope to find you online soon.

And on a side note, I'm admitting here that, yes, I did buy more fabric from Colleen. I swear I see something new everytime. These are some 1950's reproductions....another quilt to make, sigh.

No comments: