I'm so sorry that's it's been a week since I blogged. It just seems like January is flying by. But, I promised myself that today would be the day.....I would blog.
So here are the requisite updates:
- Evey dog - She's doing quite well. We've found out she likes to snuggle under the covers in bed. After the Munchkins head off to bed I put her in our bed until I go to sleep and she snuggles down and starts snoring. It's so funny. She sleeps with her legs stuck straight out. There have been a couple of close calls with a cat leaping up on the bed and not realizing she's there. But otherwise, the animals are all doing just fine.
Sunny cat says,"I don't know what all the hubbub is about. She's just a cat that barks!"
PJ says,"What is she up to now?! I think I'll stay safely here behind the sofa."
- Weight Loss - 11 lbs lost since Jan 1st! Whoo Hoo! On my way back to my "fighting" weight!
- Knitting....I'm almost done with my scarf. I'll need to block it to get it to uncurl.
- Favorite things - Paperwhites! I love Paperwhites. At Christmas I bought Kate, Christy and I some Paperwhite bulbs. These were mine last weekend. They smell heavenly!
- Sewing Sundays - Last Sunday Kristin came over and we sewed. I worked on my Chocolat Rose Creme Quilt. The top is almost done. It just needs a couple more borders.
- Frogs - I started my Sister's frog this week. I've completed his carcass.
- The New President - Yes, I did watch the Inauguration on Tuesday. It was a moment I don't think I will soon forget.
- And finally Friday Night Lights, the best show on TV that no one watches. If you haven't caught this show you should try to catch up now. It's a great series. The acting is wonderful (the actor who plays Saracen is not from Texas, he has no accent). A favorite quote of mine from this season is,"When all the scared rats are leaving a sinking market, that's when the real entrepreneurs step in. The true visionaries." from Buddy Garrity. The fact it is repeated by Tim Riggins is hysterical!