Friday, January 2, 2009

I did it! I did it!


Ok, ok, I know the sides are all mucked up. And I know there are some dropped stitches in the middle, but I did it. I figured out casting on, the knit stitch, and the purl stitch. Today, I decided to give my poor red tweed yarn, that I'm going to make a scarf out of, a break. It had been unraveled way too many times. I found this cheap-o yarn in the kids crafts bin in my sewing room's closet. So I decided to start a practice piece so that I could get the hang of the knitting "rhythm". So I spent a good bit of the day on Monday fighting with casting on and the knit stitch. The elusive purl stitch escaped me. Then today when I sat down it was like magic, I got it. I guess my brain just had to process the million times I watched these videos. I go tomorrow for some coaching from my knitting mentor, Kate. I feel so good that I've taught myself this much. Trying to start 2009 off right.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww, Man! I want to learn to knit. I know I could do it, but I'm afraid to start anything else.

jacquie said...

Yeah!!!!! you're inspiring me. maybe i could???