Thank you to Doris for nominating my blog for this very prestigious award--it's an honor to be nominated. You should visit her blog, Threads of Conversation, to see her quilting work and life adventures. She's also a participant in the "This is..." meme that Kate and I started. And I would nominate her blog but I don't think that is how this works.
Here are the rules:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link to the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you’ve nominated.
6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking every body’s mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!
7. List seven random facts about yourself. (I added this one, 'cause I thought there should be seven rules since you nominate seven bloggers and everyone knows seven is a great number, right?)
"You like me, you really like me!" I never imagined the fabulous world of bloggers out there, when I started blogging last year. It really has been fun. It's like having a whole bunch of pen pals all over the world. So I'd like to thank Kate who told me,"You can do it Melissa," has helped introduce me to the blogging world, and inspired me to use my blog as an online show and tell and soapbox for my various opinions. I'd also like to thank Hubbie for providing material for my blog. My beautiful Munchkins, without who I would not be nearly as sassy as I am. My parents for being my parents. All my dear friends for reading my blog and commenting so I don't feel alone out in the cyberworld. (I'm now blowing kisses all around!) Oh and I can't forget my dear felines without whom I would be living in a cat hairless world!
Seven random, but true, Melissa facts:
1. Seven is my lucky number--really it is!
2. I love PANDAs--several people will claim I'm obsessed, but don't listen to them.
3. I was very painfully shy as a child.
4. Until I was six years old I thought the fireworks on the fourth of July were in celebration of my birthday.
5. I love decorating for Christmas. I have a 14ft Christmas tree that everyone always teases me about how many decorations I have on it. My house is a Christmas wonderland!
6. I am excited about turning 40 next year! Fabulous at 40!
7. I was a Girl Scout through the 3rd grade.
I would like to nominate:
Kate of Freemotion. My friend and partner in quilting and creative crime.
Christy of Partial Virtue. My friend and partner in all other crime.
Jacquie at Tall Grass Prairie Studio, love her freeform quilts. Yes, I know Doris nominated her, but I love her blog and quilting philosophy.
Shannon at The Quilted Word by Freckles. My blog friend who introduced me to the Twilight series.
Jenny at Quiltin' Jenny. My quilt guild friend who almost shares my birthday and cracks me up on a regular basis.
Dana at Old Red Barn. Cause I always find something on her blog that I love.
AmandaJean at Crazy Mom Quilts. She is always up to something.