Thursday, March 19, 2009

And so it's done


I finished the "Bribe Quilt" last night. Nugget and I presented it to her teacher today before Parent-Teacher conference. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. The picture really doesn't do it justice. I snapped it in a rush before we left for our meeting and the wind kept blowing it off the railing. I used a striped fabric for the binding (thanks Kate for the suggestion). This was a test for a Jelly Roll of Soiree by Lila Tueller that I purchased recently. I definitely like this pattern. It was a Moda Bake Shop pattern. There's so much about this pattern I like...the randomness of adding the strips and the organized scrappiness that results. You can chain piece almost the entire top--zip, zip, zip. There are no seams to line up (my kind of pattern). Now naturally there was something I changed from the pattern, I only did one border and made it much skinnier.

As far as what her teacher thought...she loved it! Said it was lovely. I backed it with pink University of Georgia fabric (her teacher's alma mater). I named it,"Sugar, and spice, and everything nice, that's what little Bulldogs are made of!"

Now technically I'm between projects. I could work on my bed quilt (more half square triangles to make). I could make a stacked coin quilt with the doggy fabric I "had" to have. I could work on my art quilt. I HAVE a couple of frogs to whip together. I will HAVE 30 napkins to make for someone's wedding reception. So who knows what's up next.....stay tuned.

PS Evey is feeling much better today. Still sniffing around for cat food to Hoover, so I guess she didn't learn her lesson.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Lovely quilt! The colors are great and perfect for spring. Glad the four-legged ones are doing better :) Have a great weekend!