Monday, August 17, 2009

Still standing...no cushion covers!

Yesterday I spent several hours working on my first cushion cover. I didn't get it finished because I actually took Hubbie's advice to step away from the sewing machine when I get frustrated. I'm sure they are going to turn out lovely, but I couple of learning curve missteps later I was fried and sweaty. BTW, does anyone else sweat when they sew? My sewing studio is air-conditioned but I swear between the iron, sewing machine light, and stress...I'm a sweating fool. Maybe it is another one of those lovely turning 40 things......

On that topic let me just say that turning 40 was like flipping a light switch in a myriad of ways. Lots of women had warned me .... "just wait, when you turn 40...(fill in blank here)". So far most of them have turned out to be true. I won't share too much information about my personal tribulations. Still lovin' 40 though!

Next, I'll be posting pictures of another project I've been working on this weekend. Not a sewing project, but a creative crafty one that I've been meaning to do since we moved into this house 3 years ago.

And finally, Hubbie and I just finished Season 1 of Dexter. I LOVE THAT SHOW! I LOVE DEXTER! In fact, I'm going to make myself a Dexter groupie tshirt.....I've got to come up with a good tag line. I had to make a promised to Hubbie that I wouldn't watch any episodes of Season 2 without him.....can you hear me hyperventilating?

Well y'all have a good Monday...I've got to hit the ground (or in my case, treadmill) running today....lots to do before the Munchkins return home from school.

3 comments:

Kate said...

haha, I thought you thought he was too weird! We love you Dexter!

Shannon said...

I'm proud of you for being able to step away. I usually stick with it until I'm crazed. (I did that last weekend over the NM quilt layout and was up until 2:30 a.m. and got nothing else done.)

I like Dexter, too. We started watching Season 1, but didn't finish. M didn't like it as much and we never finished the season before it had to go back.

jacquie said...

i know just what you mean..sweating in the sewing room....i have these lights that are great, but it's like being under some interrogation lamps....then there's the iron and the stress....you would thing i wouldn't have to exercise....i wish!