Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Weekend work completed

In the last few weeks, I've found an old college friend on Facebook. We had lost track of each other over the years. Turns out we now live within about 10 minutes of each other. It also turns out she's expecting her 2nd baby in September. So naturally, that called for a baby quilt! I was going to buy some fabric, but then went shopping in my batik stash. I found these and since I'm in my "Nine Patch with white sashing" period, here's what materialized.
I'm so in love with this. I named it Sunset Roses (there's a Rose print batik in there). I was so excited with how it was turning out, I took it to lunch Monday unbound to show my friend. She loved it! Now it's bound and labeled and will be heading to it's home soon.

And final "Stake in the Sand" update....I only completed two of the quilts I vowed to have done by yellow bus time. Oh well, they'll keep me busy this fall, cause I'm so totally ready to have them finished and move on to some new projects.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

awesome quilt and way to stash bust!

Anonymous said...

I love it, especially the pieced border.

Kate said...

Wow, that was speedy! It's lovely :)